To take care of your family's teeth, you know you need regular dental appointments and a consistent oral care regimen. But, where is the fun in that? The following oral-enhancing treat will help your family enjoy a tasty fudge dessert.
Oral-Enhancing Secrets Behind Your Fudge Dessert
The following are a few ingredients that you should consider adding to your meals:
1. Raw Chocolate
Raw chocolate contains several bacteria-reducing properties that you should pay attention to. One of them is an active ingredient called CBH. This ingredient helps reduce bacterial reproduction, which should protect your family from several dental ailments like cavities.
You should also know that raw chocolate contains oxalic acid. This ingredient helps neutralize bacterial attacks on teeth. These kinds of attacks might cause dental erosion, tooth sensitivity, or cavities.
The reason you need raw chocolate is because it still contains traces of the husk. The husk of the cacao bean is full of the oral-friendly ingredients just mentioned. Remember that dark chocolate contains these traces too, but to a lesser degree.
2. Raw Honey
Honey is a great addition to any of your family's favorite recipes that call for a little sweetness. This natural sugar is healthy and a powerful bacteria-killing agent. This is because honey is naturally osmotic, which gives honey the natural ability to dehydrate cavity-causing bacteria to death. Yet, honey does not stop there because it also contains enzymes that inhibit the reproduction of harmful bacteria. And an abundance of bacteria means that your family will be susceptible to ailments, like tooth decay.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the last ingredient you should pay some attention to. This is largely because of coconut nut's fatty acids and lauric acid. Both of these ingredients help inhibit the growth of oral pathogens, making your entire family's mouth just a little safer.
Your family's dentist should have an easier time fighting off bacteria with some of these ingredients.
Making Your Own Dental-Friendly Fudge
You'll need the following:
- ½ a cup of coconut butter
- ¼ a cup of butter from grass-fed cows
- ¼ a cup of coconut oil
- ¼ a cup of cocoa butter
- ¼ a cup of raw chocolate powder
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Melt the cocoa butter in a saucepan over low-heat.
- Add the butter, coconut oil, and coconut butter when the cocoa butter has melted. Blend the ingredients well.
- Gently add the honey and vanilla. Blend those ingredients well.
- Whisk the chocolate powder well within the mixture.
- Remove from heat when everything looks melted. Continue to blend until you do not see any lumps.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture in evenly.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until solid.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and lift the fudge from the pan. Cut the fudge into small squares and enjoy!
These little fudges should last a few weeks, unless your family can't resist them. Make sure you keep them in the refrigerator.Share