Your smile is one of the first features that people notice about you, which is why it makes a huge difference in the appearance of your age. Those with a white, healthy smile tend to look younger compared to those with stained and crooked teeth. If you are wanting to look younger, here are five dental tips to consider taking:
- Chew on Sugarless Gum: As you age, you may start to experience dry mouth much more often. This is mostly because of medications that you may need to take for your health. For this reason, it's important to take steps to produce more saliva in the mouth. If saliva production is decreased, then your mouth is more susceptible to infections because the saliva is not there to wash away harmful bacteria throughout the day. One of the best ways to produce saliva production is to chew on sugarless gum.
- Get Your Teeth Whitened: Be sure to visit a cosmetic dentist regularly for teeth whitening. Your cosmetic dentist will be able to provide you with the correct whitening steps to ensure that you have a whiter and brighter smile throughout the year. This can help you age down significantly. If you would rather whiten at home, talk to your cosmetic dentist about the best over-the-counter whitening products you can use.
- Eat Inflammation-Fighting Foods: Foods that fight inflammation of the gums is important, especially as you age since the gums become more sensitive. These foods include fish, blueberries, kale, and even garlic. When you fight inflammation of the gums, it prevents redness, which reduces signs of aging. On top of this, it can help with your overall health since inflamed gums are linked to high blood pressure.
- Snack on the Right Foods: When you feel the need to snack throughout the day, it's important that you consider foods like carrots, celery, and other foods that aren't going to stick to your teeth. If you do snack on anything that sticks to your teeth, be sure to brush right afterwards or at least rinse your mouth with water. When you do this, you avoid staining and increasing the acidic levels in your mouth, which prevents the enamel from becoming weak.
- Switch to Tea: If you are a coffee drinker, consider switching to tea. This is important since coffee stains your teeth, which is going to age you when you smile. On top of this, you will have to pay much more for whitening treatments.
When you take these five dental steps, you can be sure that your smile helps reduce your age significantly. For more information, check out a dental clinic online at a site like http://www.thefamilydentist-lakeland.com.Share